Developing Your Online Profile through Quality Links
The Impact Quality SEO Link Building Has on Your Search Profile
Links have always affected how a search engine perceives a website. The type of pages that link back to your site can have a significant impact on your brand’s visibility and
traffic. Link building processes have changed as search engines evolve, and you need to make sure the links to your website are “good” ones that improve its standing with
search engines and online customers alike. Penguin’s release proved that “bad” links from questionable websites or massive amounts of paid links can be major liabilities. Our link building strategies ensure that your website’s links are composed of genuine website endorsements or relevant citations that improve your overall link profile, not just for now, but for the future as well.
Evaluating Your Link Profile
Knowing your website’s current link profile is the first step in your link building strategy. Our website and link auditing processes will examine the quality, quantity, and diversity of the existing links to your website.
- BACKLINK ANALYSIS – It’s important to determine whether there are any link issues before we start with the link building process. We watch out for low-quality links that risk Google penalties, and broken internal links that have negative effects on search engine crawling and indexing.
- ON-PAGE LINK CLEANUP – This process involves cleaning up your website’s link profile by fixing your webpage and internal linking structure. We make sure all your links are working, and that all the necessary redirects and error pages are in place.
- INBOUND LINK DETOX – We then work on taking down or disavowing detrimental third-party backlinks, which puts us in better stead when building quality links to your website. The result will create a healthy link profile which will benefit your website and withstand the test of time and algorithm updates.
Diversity and Context
Context is the key concept behind our content marketing and link building strategies. We make sure everything from keywords to anchor text placements and landing pages is optimized for your target audience and search engines.Inserting links that are out of context or irrelevant is bad practice, and could risk getting your website penalized. We make sure to select anchor text and keywords that are related to your content. Building a lot of contextual links is not enough to create a future-proof link profile. You need to keep your links and your anchor text diverse to avoid being penalized for over-optimization or link spamming.
It’s much easier to create fake profiles and link spam websites these days, which is why search algorithms continue to emphasize the importance of having a diverse link portfolio. Diversifying your links means building inbound links on multiple websites with unique domains and IP addresses. The more unique links search engines see, the more they will treat your website as a trusted source of information. Creating and managing social network accounts for your brand can also help with diversification. These accounts can improve your brand’s social signals, and act as a cushion when major algorithm changes are applied in the future. It’s also easier to make your content go viral when you post or share them in your social accounts. We give your link portfolio the diversity it needs by building social sharing links and
making sure your other links are coming from unique, relevant, and reputable third-party websites.
Anchor Text Diversification
You should no longer be focusing on inserting exact-match anchor text to rank for your keywords. You need to diversify your anchor text and make your keyword insertions as “natural” as possible. We use four types of keywords as anchor text:
- Brand keywords focus on your brand or website name, or your website’s naked URL. By using your brand name as anchor text, we promote your business, attract more leads, and improve your SERP rankings by associating your brand with your target keywords.
- Exact match keywords are standard key phrases used as-is in linking.
- Partial match keywords are variants of your exact match keywords. This includes synonymous keywords (e.g. “bankruptcy attorney in LA” is a partial match for “bankruptcy lawyer in LA”), or long-tail keywords (e.g. “ceramic coffee mugs” is a partial match for “coffee mugs”). We provide partial match keyword options when we perform keyword research and selection for your campaign.
- Generic keywords include calls to action such as “click here” or “visit this website”, or any other phrases that encourage readers to click on the link.
Building A Publishing Network
You need to focus on getting quality links rather than merely gathering links. Building a network of publishers and getting your content onto relevant and influential online publications is a good way to acquire the links you need. Having this network allows you to promote your brand to a wider audience, improves your credibility, and gives you a stronger, more diverse link profile from quality pages.
Types of Publication Links
- PRESS RELEASES – Press releases allow you to make announcements about new products, services, or website features. Our press releases help increase brand awareness through authoritative news and
information channels in addition to providing your website with a quality backlink.
- DOWNLOADABLE EBOOKS, GUIDES, INFOGRAPHICS & WHITE PAPERS – These types of content provide in-depth information about industry related topics. Offering eBooks, definitive guides, infographics, and white papers to your visitors will them into loyal customers and adds to the diversity of your link profile.
- VIDEOS AND WEBINARS – With the rising popularity of video streaming websites and scripts, educational videos and webinars are becoming a valuable way of communicating with your users. The creative and memorable videos we produce and link back to your website will remind your audience that you are a reliable information resource.
- INFORMATIVE BLOGS POSTS OR MAGAZINE ARTICLES – We develop, write, and publish informative articles on external blogs and online magazine sites which then links back to your website. Our articles establish a good reputation for your brand by giving it a voice and personality.
We have strong working relationships with several reputable online publications. This helps us guarantee that your links will only be coming from quality pages on the web.
The importance of building high quality links to your website cannot be underestimated or underplayed. With the ever changing landscape of SEO, initializing high quality campaigns is going to make the difference in whether or not your website will withstand the test of time.